- Daily Rate: $45
- Reservations: Yes
- Site Pad Material: large pull-through sites with gravel sites
- Water: Yes
- Electricity: Yes
- Sewer: Yes
- Bathroom Facilities: Yes, with showers
- Laundry: Yes
- Cable TV: No
- Wi-fi: Yes, at the office
- Dump Station: Free dump station available outside the office for guests, non-guests for a fee
- Propane: Unsure
- Pull Throughs: Yes
- Back In: Yes, limited in front
- Big Rig Friendly: Yes
- Pet Friendly: Yes – Pets must be kept on leash
- Elevation: 4,600’The campground is up on the hillside with a nice view of the mountains and lake. Unfortunately, we were there while the Howe Ridge Fire was getting going and our views were very obscured by the smoke. But, the views looked like they would be nice!There are three areas. Back-in water and electric sites on the lower level, pull-through full hookup sites on the hillside, and non-utility tent sites in the woods.
We found this to be a great basecamp for visiting the park with good amenities (about 5 minutes from the St. Mary entrance). We had been boondocking for a few weeks prior to this stay and it was like Christmas is July being able to let the faucets flow! There was wifi but it really only worked by the office and was slow. The Verizon signal was very strong but everything else was very weak or non-existent.
It was definitely a tight squeeze with your neighbors but overall a good stay.