- Daily Rate: $30
- Reservations: Yes
- Site Pad Material: tight but level pull-through and back-in sites with paved spaces
- Water: Available at spigots and dump station
- Electricity: No
- Sewer: No
- Laundry: Yes, auxiliary building with showers as well.
- Cable TV: No
- Wi-fi: No
- Dump Station: Dump station available to guests and $5 fee for non-guests
- Propane: No
- Pull Throughs: Yes
- Back In: Yes
- Big Rig Friendly: No – max 30ft
- Pet Friendly: Yes – Pets must be kept on leash
- Elevation: 7,800′
This was a packed national park campground that we would not stay at again. Considering we had just been boondocking with a few other people for two weeks, this was a huge shock to the system. We considered going to find a boondocking site outside of the park but didn’t want to forfeit our reservation fees we had already paid. Yellowstone is so large that driving into the park wouldn’t really have made a big difference from staying inside it.
There are huge loops with many sites per loop. You have no privacy and are surrounded by loud neighbors. The air was filled with smoke from the countless campfires that burned most of the night. Granted, we were there in peak season.
There are amenities that were nice, a dish washing station, gas station and general store, right down the street.
I wouldn’t stay here again just because this is not my idea of rving.